adding options to macports.conf (was: progress display during port de/activation)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 13:46:12 UTC 2024

On Sunday August 11 2024 14:52:37 Clemens Lang wrote:

>Feel free to contribute a macports.conf option in a pull request.

Is there something like a tutorial somewhere documenting how one adds a configure option like that?

And fwiw, I've accumulated a number of other patches to "base" over the years, some of which could be of more general interest, like the recording of applied patchfiles in the statefile for which I filed a trac ticket years ago, or an option to open the port logfile in append or regular/truncate mode.

I spent some time documenting many of my patchfiles in the Portfile I use to build and test "base":

https://github.com/RJVB/macstrop/tree/master/sysutils/MacPorts/

Feel free to have a look and tell me which of the mods would qualify for upstreaming!

And BTW, wasn't my PR for adding a `curl version` action to Pextlib accepted and committed? I'm not seeing any trace of it in the master branch?

R.