Difference between emacs-app and emacs-mac-app ports?

Richard Cobbe rcobbe at rcobbe.net
Sat Aug 31 21:13:44 UTC 2024

I'd like to install Emacs via MacPorts as a native MacOS app, as opposed to
something that runs inside a Terminal window.

I see both emacs-app and emacs-mac-app packages.  Forgive what may be a
silly question, but what's the difference between the two?  I've looked at
"port info" for both packages, but that information doesn't really clarify
things, and the homepage for emacs-mac-app is just the bitbucket repository.

Thanks,

Richard