xcode not found while building

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Tue May 28 21:13:07 UTC 2024

Hi Joshua, Ryan,

Joshua Root wrote:
> So make sure you checked oute4b3d80 and not an earlier commit where
> the version was 8.1 155. If use_xcode is already in the Portfile
> you're using, you probably need to run xcode-select.
thanks you hinted me to the correct statement. I did check out a version
before "use_xcode yes" was added to the Portfile.
However, it was not enough - ibtool of XCode 8 was required...
I was eventually able to build 8.0 r 146 ... Dit try a couple of
intermediate version, but not all, so I am not sure it is really the
latest to be buildable on El Capitan.

Interestingly, offically 9.0 was distributed and worked.... probably it
can be built on later versions of MacOS and is compatible with previous
ones, but with MacPorts we do a native build!

I will see what I can build then on 10.9, 10.7, 10.6, 10.5.... going on
:) Maybe somebody else is interested.

I wonder if these version can be integrated in official MacPorts, like
limiting a certain Max version given the OS or Xcode version?
Or making a specific MacVim8 package, e.g.?

Riccardo