Thank you!

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Tue May 28 21:23:57 UTC 2024

Hi,

I always write about issues, problems... etc etc... because that is what
we do on the mailing list, seek support and improvement for old and
older mac versions.

My MacBook Pro's HD broke, I had to reinstall from scratch. It went out
99% smooth! Just one package needed a nudge on compiler version. On
10.11 in an evening I was productive again with developer tools (git,
subversion, ecc), emacs and gimp! great!

Then I also bought an older, MacBook Pro for a bargain (relative, how it
discovered) which runs 10.9

Again, I was able to install the same tools up to gimp and have a good
second system. Great! (*)

If you had a "donate" for support, it would be worth one. Thanks.
MacPorts really helps productivity and using OpenSource stuff on Mac!!!

Now I can get back with the difficult stuff like 10.5 and 10.6 with
those nice old systems.

Riccardo

(*) except Meld, which is buggy, on 10.11, but completely broken on 10.9
like it is on 10.6 and 10.7