Tor and unusual version numbers

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Apr 26 15:50:28 PDT 2007

On Apr 26, 2007, at 17:28, Sbranzo wrote:

> On 27/04/07 08:17, Boey Maun Suang wrote:
>
>> The only thing that comes to my mind is that port outdated won't pick
>> up that there's a new version of a port available until PortIndex is
>> updated, and that happens every twelve hours on the MacPorts rsync
>> repository.  In between such index updates, port sync will update the
>> Portfiles to their latest state, but any port commands that run
>> through PortIndex files (like port outdated) will be out of date.
>
> I tought about it too, but in the last weeks IIRC I saw more that once
> tor showing up when port -v sync'ing.
> Today I just forced an upgrade, so I can't investigate more. Maybe
> someone who installed tor a while ago can verify this behaviour,
> without
> forcing the upgrade, in the next 12 hours or so.

None of those changes updated tor's version number or necessitated a
rebuild of tor, until today. You can check that by looking in the
repository:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/log/trunk/dports/
security/tor

2006-12-30: r21078: tor 0.1.1.26
2007-01-03: r22478: now unmaintained
2007-04-05: r23615: now maintained by Boey Maun Suang; more hashes added
2007-04-14: r23998: maintainer email address updated
2007-04-16: r24088: livecheck feature added
2007-04-19: r24251: unnecessary environment variables removed
2007-04-26: r24491: tor 0.1.2.13