Tor and unusual version numbers

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Thu Apr 26 16:49:35 PDT 2007

On Apr 26, 2007, at 6:56 PM, Salvatore Domenick Desiano wrote:

> In general, when we've ahd thi happen in the past, we just bump the
> rev.
>
> I can, however, verify that 0.1.2.13 is not identified as newer than
> 0.1.1.26. If anyone would like me to run any tests, I'm leaving my
> system in the outdated state so we can play with it.
>
> -- Sal
> smile.

	IIRC this already came up once but went unresolved. Four digit
version numbers are not that common, so this is probably an overlook
for that case either in the "get_outdated_ports" tcl proc in port(1)
(base/src/port/port.tcl) or in the "rpm_vercomp" C function of the
Pextlib library (base/src/pextlib1.0/vercomp.c), used said proc. I'd
appreciate it if one of you could search trac for a similar report
and put it in the "Needs developer review" milestone if not already
there, or file it from scratch if one does not already exist.

	Thanks for the report and help! Regards,...

-jmpp