selfupdate with GNUstep

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Tue Aug 14 01:46:05 PDT 2007

On Aug 13, 2007, at 10:42 AM, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Yves de Champlain wrote:
>
>> I don't think this is relevant in this case, but as of version
>> 2.0, gnustep-make should require GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES rather than
>> GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT for the build process.  Of course, if you are
>> not using GNUstep make and all you want is GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT,
>> then that's another story.
>
> I don't want GNUstep required at all, but tclobj1.0 does mandate it.
> (which is somewhat premature I think, since it isn't used just yet)
>
> Although I usually do install both gnustep-make and gnustep-base...
> Maybe the foundation.m4 and friends needs a little updating then ?

	Inclusion of the tclobjc bridge was for a very good purpose that
we're still planning or pursuing, but pace on that front has been
slow unfortunately. For the time being, we could maybe unhook
building it from the rest of MacPorts build system, as it is
currently unused. Landon....?

	Regards,...

-jmpp