remove p5-math-bigint port?

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Mon Feb 26 13:41:15 PST 2007

On 2007-02-26 14:28:55 -0500, Salvatore Domenick Desiano wrote:
> 1) Rename perl5.8 to p5-base.
> 2) Remove p5-math-bigint related files from the p5-base
> 3) Make p5-math-bigint build itself from the perl CORE source tree.
> 4) Add a +cpan variant to p5-math-bigint that builds from CPAN.
> 5) Create perl5.8 as an empty port that depends on perl5.8 and
                                                     ^^^^^^^
>     p5-math-bigint.

I think you meant p5-base. Debian does something like that too
(perl is an almost-empty package that depends on perl-base and
perl-modules).

But I don't think a rename would be necessary. perl5.8 should
just depend on p5-math-bigint, if I understand correctly.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>