problems building a local port

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Fri Jan 19 16:19:40 PST 2007

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez <artemio at eresmas.net> on Friday, January 19, 2007
at 12:42 PM -0800 wrote:
>I am trying to build locally a port (readline 5.2) by adding
>

>[ file:///Users/artemio/Archive/dports-dev
>]file:///Users/artemio/Archive/dports-dev
>

>to /opt/local/etc/ports/sources.conf, using a modification of the
>standard readline 5.1 portfile that I put in my local port directory
>(/Users/artemio/Archive/dports-dev/devel/readline). After cd'ing to said
>directory, I execute the command
>

>sudo port -dv build
>

>However, this fails miserably as follows:
>

>================================================================================================
>DEBUG: Changing to port directory: .
>DEBUG: Changing to port directory: .
>DEBUG: Requested variant powerpc is not provided by port readline.
>DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port readline.
>DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port readline.
>DEBUG: Executing com.apple.main (readline)
>--->  Fetching readline
>DEBUG: Executing com.apple.fetch (readline)
>--->  Verifying checksum(s) for readline
>DEBUG: Executing com.apple.checksum (readline)
>--->  Extracting readline
>DEBUG: Executing com.apple.extract (readline)
>--->  Extracting readline-5.2.tar.gz
>DEBUG: setting option extract.args to
>/opt/local/var/db/dports/distfiles/readline/readline-5.2.tar.gz
>DEBUG: Assembled command: 'cd
>"/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_Users_artemio_Archive_dports-dev_devel_readline/work"
>&& gzip -dc
>/opt/local/var/db/dports/distfiles/readline/readline-5.2.tar.gz |
>/usr/bin/gnutar --no-same-owner -xf -'
>gzip: /opt/local/var/db/dports/distfiles/readline/readline-5.2.tar.gz: No
>such file or directory
>DEBUG: Executing com.apple.patch (readline)
>--->  Applying patches to readline
>Error: Target com.apple.patch returned: couldn't change working directory
>"/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_Users_artemio_Archive_dports-dev_devel_readline/work/readline-5.2":
>no such file or directory
>Warning: the following items did not execute (for readline):
>com.apple.build com.apple.patch com.apple.configure
>Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>================================================================================================
>

>If I create by hand the missing directory
>/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_Users_artemio_Archive_dports-dev_devel_readline/work/readline-5.2
>here's the error I get:
>

>================================================================================================
>DEBUG: Changing to port directory: .
>DEBUG: Changing to port directory: .
>DEBUG: Requested variant powerpc is not provided by port readline.
>DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port readline.
>DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port readline.
>DEBUG: Skipping completed com.apple.main (readline)
>DEBUG: Skipping completed com.apple.fetch (readline)
>DEBUG: Skipping completed com.apple.checksum (readline)
> [...]

If readline 5.2 doesn't extract into readline-5.2, you'll need to set the
worksrcdir manually.  The default MacPorts look for is is
${name}-${version}, but perhaps it something else.  See what the actual
directory name is and set it.  If the directory name (work/readline...) is
just "readline", then your statement would look like this:

worksrcdir   readline

or better still

worksrcdir   ${name}

Mark