svn:eol-style property

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Wed Jan 24 14:22:37 PST 2007

On Jan 24, 2007, at 4:06 PM, Blair Zajac wrote:

> I do want svn:eol-style set on those in case somebody checks out a
> working copy on Windows, modifies those files and checks them back
> in. That would introduce CRLFs into them and gratuitous diffs.
>
> I'm of the mind that mostly everything should have svn:eol-style
> set except for those files that shouldn't have it, such as the
> patch files.

Ok, I guess that's a valid reason to do it.

>> There's 5 .txt files (actually 7, but 2 are actually patches
>> of .txt files), which are the only files I can definitively say
>> don't care about line endings. Those are also the only files in
>> which there's a real good reason to have native line endings.
>
> Which are those?

The would be the files that end in .txt. I'm sure you can find them
(the 2 patchfiles that end in .txt start with the word patch, so it's
easy to figure out which ones they are).

> I disagree.  Take it off of the */*/patch* and the 200 other
> patches, which I guess are poorly named then since they don't start
> with the word patch, and leave everything else alone.
>
> Granted your pass is less work, but it results in a less correct
> repository.

Alright, I guess I'll do it that way.

> I did a pass through Portfiles a while ago to set it on every
> Portfile.

And any Portfiles which have been added since then probably never got
it set.

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org