[26541] trunk/doc/guide/xml/portfiles/details.xml

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Fri Jun 29 05:49:53 PDT 2007

On Jun 29, 2007, at 4:58 AM, Boey Maun Suang wrote:

> Hi Juan,
>
>>> -	 configuration file /etc/ports/ports.conf. Can be
>>> +	 configuration file ${prefix}/etc/ports/macports.conf. Can be
>
> I see from your commit that it should have been ${prefix}/etc/
> macports/macports.conf; could you change that on http://
> trac.macports.org/projects/macports/wiki/MacPortsRenaming then (I
> just copied what was there :-( )?

	What I tried to do there was detail how the changes would happen in
progress:

opt/local/etc/ports/ports.conf          ----->     /opt/local/etc/
ports/macports.conf
/opt/local/etc/ports/dp_version          ----->     /opt/local/etc/
ports/mp_version
/opt/local/etc/ports                     ----->     /opt/local/etc/
macports

	So that readers would actually catch each and every single change.
The last line indeed tells you "/opt/local/etc/ports" becomes "/opt/
local/etc/macports". I added the word "gradual" in "WIth respect to
installation paths, a default MacPorts installation upgraded to this
branch would experience the following gradual moves:" to try to
explain this better, but let me know if you'd like to see an "overall
results" box with what will finally be there.

> I'd do it myself, but for some reason I'm unable to log in to the
> parts run by Trac at the moment, though I _can_ log in to the bits
> run by Wordpress (e.g. www.macosforge.org, www.macports.org).  When
> I try to log in to the Trac-managed bits, it just returns the page
> that I had before with the same "Register/Login" links in the top-
> right corner, with no errors or other indications that there had
> been any problems.
>
> Kind regards,

	Hhhhmm, I just logged in right now with no problems. Try some
standard debugging techniques like dumping cache, restarting your
browser or similar and try again, let me know if you're still
experiencing problems.

> Maun Suang

	Regards,...

-jmpp