Homegrown destroot, maybe chroot?

Jann Röder roederja at student.ethz.ch
Sun Mar 11 03:38:19 PDT 2007

There are two solutions for your library problem:
1. Export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH before launching the software, so that the
linker knows where to find the libraries
2. When building the libraries pass -install_name ${prefix}/lib/$outfile
to the linker. ${prefix}/lib/$outfile is the final installation
destination of the library. This approach requires patching the makefile.

Hope this helps.
Jann