1.6 release?

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Thu Nov 8 00:20:14 PST 2007

Boey Maun Suang <boeyms at macports.org> writes:
>Sorry that I haven't been as active as I'd like, but if Mark and the
>rest of you trust me not to screw them up too badly, I think I should
>be able to rework port(1) and macports.conf(5) in the next fortnight
>or so (or possibly sooner, if you want it more urgently).  Things
>have been a rather down for me for most of this year, but it's
>finally starting to come good and I now have free time and, more
>importantly, am in a fit state to use it.

Hello Maun Suang,

Of course we trust you!  Any help you find time for would always be
appreciated.  I don't think there is any urgency unless someone feels the
urge to get done before 1.6.  I feel some urgency just to get it done for
my own sake, but I'm probably going to have to pause for a little while
anyway.  I still have these pages to go:

port.1
macports.conf.5
portfile-tcl

Let us know if you have any questions about what we've done so far.
Nothing is written in stone so if you see room for changes or improvement,
please feel free to speak up.

Mark