1.6 release?

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Sun Nov 11 22:13:23 PST 2007

	Hello Maun Suang!

On Nov 7, 2007, at 1:02 AM, Boey Maun Suang wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> On 07/11/2007, at 04:58, markd at macports.org wrote:
>
>> You know I forgot that I still have port.1 and macports.conf.5
>> still to
>> go.  And I'm going to be out of town for two weeks this month and
>> then the
>> holidays are here.
>
> Sorry that I haven't been as active as I'd like, but if Mark and the
> rest of you trust me not to screw them up too badly, I think I
> should be able to rework port(1) and macports.conf(5) in the next
> fortnight or so (or possibly sooner, if you want it more urgently).
> Things have been a rather down for me for most of this year, but
> it's finally starting to come good and I now have free time and,
> more importantly, am in a fit state to use it.

	Thanks for volunteering to rewrite our man pages, much appreciated!

	I'd encourage you to work on them without rushing it, though, as we
wouldn't want to have beta quality documentation out there any
longer ;-) Development on base has wound down already so I'll be
branching hopefully pretty soon now; we don't mind shipping 1.6 with
the old man pages still in place and delaying rolling out the new ones
for a later time.

	But, please, by no means refrain from submitting what you have if you
feel it's worth of review ;-)

> Incidentally, what sort of things were you looking for on the main
> page, Juan?

	As for content, probably Simon and Mark are better guides for that,
since they've been on the rewrite from the start and I haven't.

> Kind regards,
>

> Maun Suang

	Kind regards,...

-jmpp