72 hours are not enough for maintainers?

js ebgssth at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 05:58:08 PST 2008

> > I suggest giving non-maintainers the permission to change "Assigned
>  > to" field.
>
> It seems to me like that would be a good idea too. But I'm not sure
>  what all the implications of that would be.

According to Trac doc[1], if I had TICKET_CHGPROP,
I could modify ticket properties except description field, cc field add/remove.
Who cares if I wrongly change priority, components or version etc.

[1]http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracPermissions

>  > Once tickets are properly assigned, all you have to do is to look at
>  > "My tickets".
>
> Assuming reporters assign tickets correctly, sure.

That might encourage reporters to open ticket carefully, I hope.

>  > In addition to that, How abount sending reminder to macports-dev
>  > when there're tickets unchanged more than a few weeks?
>  > Trac's backend is RDBMS so checking ticket state should be easy.
>
> I know I have old tickets. Some need planning, some are waiting for
>  upstream fixes, some are not very important but are still open
>  because they're still unresolved. I don't need lots of emails nagging
>  me about these. I have enough of an email problem as it is. Also,
>  macports-dev is not a place to send automated emails; it's a place
>  for discussing the development of MacPorts. For automated mails we
>  have other lists, like macports-changes and macports-tickets.

Just add a update on those tickets.
Reporters would be happy to see their ticket updated.
And you are right. macports-tickets would be better.