Meaning of "Not a directory"

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Jul 12 11:40:56 PDT 2008

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez wrote:
> I am experimenting with a local version of graphviz.
> During the activation phase, I get the error:
> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Not a directory
>
> Does anyone know the meaning of this error?

This happens when 'port activate' finds something unexpected. For
example, assume /opt/local/foo is a symlink to another directory. Now
port tries to activate the file /opt/local/foo/bar, but it can't do that
because /opt/local/foo is not a directory.

I think there is some problem with the python25 framework port. I can
reproduce the message here and will see if I can find a solution.

Rainer