/opt/local/bin/tclsh not compiled with threads enabled

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Jun 24 08:42:01 PDT 2008

On Jun 24, 2008, at 8:02 AM, George Armah wrote:
> I have been able to work around this by changing my .bash_profile so
> that /usr/bin/tclsh is used
> instead. I was wondering why the tclsh binary that comes with a
> MacPorts
> install isn't compiled
> with threads enabled.

There's a +threads variant for the macports tcl

> Any special reason for this? It seems a bit
> peculiar that you can't use
> a MacPorts binary for another MacPorts installation.

You probably don't want to use MacPorts tcl for the MacPorts
installation since you could then uninstall MacPorts tcl (or attempt
to upgrade it) and run into a problem where MacPorts can't run because
it's looking fore files you just had MacPorts delete.

--
Daniel J. Luke