[35353] tinyca2 Lint Report

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Wed Mar 26 09:03:09 PDT 2008

On Mar 26, 2008, at 8:53 AM, Landon Fuller wrote:

> Why does that matter? These "your contribution is in error!" mails
> are soul draining.
> It makes one feel as if you've stumbled into the Department of Motor
> Vehicles and
> forgot registration form B.5.

I agree fully with Landon. The automated lint on submit should be
limited, if even allowed, to severe errors that will cause the port to
be unusable. We have enough of a hard time getting people to keep
their ports up to date, without adding layers of unneeded complexity.

I don't mind if somebody wants to be able to run a lint that shows
tweaky and silly warnings, but that should be their choice, on their
system.

We should either:

	- Disable the automated link-on-submit
	- Or cause it to show severe errors only

James