[MacPorts] #15274: Warning: the following items did not execute (for macfuse): org.macports.build # (cp: invalid option -- X)

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Tue May 13 17:41:23 PDT 2008

On May 13, 2008, at 7:31 PM, Charles Darwin wrote:

>>> That's right. And I am getting the same error when I am building
>>> from the source.
>>>
>>> 07:49:00> sudo ./build_macfuse.sh
>>
>> I would be very surprised if it worked, given that the problem lies
>> in the build scripts in the fusefs.xcodeproj Xcode project file.
>>
>> If you uninstall coreutils+with_default_names you should be able to
>> install macfuse just fine (heck, you could simply deactivate
>> coreutils, install macfuse, then reactivate coreutils if you want).
>> When I push out macfuse 1.5, I'll make sure to patch it to fix this
>> issue, and I'll inform the upstream project about it.
>>
>> -Kevin Ballard
>
> This guy seems to be the trouble maker:
> ~/macfuse/core/10.5/fusefs/build/fusefs.build/Release/All.build/
> Script-54C6DE950B5F7755002D9FD9.sh
> Replacing `cp -pRX' with `cp -pR' doesn't help either. Some other
> guy is feeding the X …

That script is generated when you run the build. Editing it on-disk
doesn't change anything, it's actually stored inside the
fusefs.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj file, and you can only safely edit it
by opening up fusefs.xcodeproj in Xcode and changing it there. In
other words, you have to be familiar with Xcode to edit the script.

> I deactivated the coreutils and now macfuse is rolling… Well it just
> finished its job; installed with no problem.

Glad to hear that.

-Kevin Ballard

--
Kevin Ballard