[41080] trunk/dports/graphics/gimp2/Portfile

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Wed Oct 22 14:54:01 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 01:32:52PM -0700, David Evans said:
> Bryan Blackburn wrote:
[...]
> > I'd say it's time for a gimp mirror_site to be added to mirror_sites.tcl,
> > especially since devens has helpfully already enumerated them.
> >
> > Bryan
> >

> That's devans, please. :-)

Oops, sorry, at least it wasn't an odd typo...

> Actually, I was thinking of asking about that when I got the list right
> but as it turns out there
> are two lists.  A larger list which just mirror the gimp2, gimp-gap,
> stuff and a subset of that
> that also mirrors the two dependencies gegl and babl.
>
> So if one were to do as you say, then the smaller list would serve a
> larger list of ports and reflects
> the full contents of the current gimp.org site.

At least initially the smaller one would probably be better, especially if
it's still quite a few machines.  Otherwise we'd probably have to use a
gimp and a gimp-app set or something to that effect.

Also note that, unfortunately, you won't be able to use an updated list
until a new version of MacPorts is pushed out, but hopefully tickets #14482
and #14553 will take care of that in the future.

Bryan