libzdb help!

Bradley Giesbrecht brad at pixilla.com
Tue Feb 10 10:07:34 PST 2009

On Feb 9, 2009, at 10:28 PM, Toby Peterson wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht
> <brad at pixilla.com> wrote:
>> I am familiar with -d. Been running it all day.
>>
>> I have tried to find a way to influance the configure script without
>> patching but I gave up and patched it.
>>
>> # port configure // fails
>>
>> # cd work/libzdb-2.3/ && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local // works
>>
>> As far as I know --prefix typically influences the install dir and
>> not the
>> finding of libs or includes.
>> But I'm not a strong unix admin.
>>
>> Just try the scripts I attached. Takes about a minute or two to add
>> them to
>> a local repo.
>>
>> I have the scripts dumbed down on purpose. Running ./configure with
>> no args
>> (or with prefix=/opt/local if you prefer) from ${worksrcdir} or
>> what ever
>> that var is named works.
>> Running "port configure" does not work.
>
> OK, I see why it doesn't work. This was mentioned previously. We set
> LDFLAGS/CPPFLAGS (and other variables) in the environment, which
> breaks the following command:
>
> mysql_config5 --libs $LDFLAGS
>
> Normally LDFLAGS is empty, so it doesn't affect this. Anyway, easy
> enough fix to patch-configure ....
>
> +	LDFLAGS=`/opt/local/bin/mysql_config5 --libs $LDFLAGS`
> +	CPPFLAGS=`/opt/local/bin/mysql_config5 --include $CPPFLAGS`
>
> should be
>
> +	LDFLAGS=`/opt/local/bin/mysql_config5 --libs` $LDFLAGS
> +	CPPFLAGS=`/opt/local/bin/mysql_config5 --include` $CPPFLAGS
>
> That should get things working, to some extent. I have some other
> complaints about your Portfile, but let's get this thing compiling
> first. :)

Yes, you and Ryan both had this figured correctly. It's now compiling.
Thanks.

I had reduced the Portfile to it's bare minimum in my attempt to find
what was wrong.

Should I make variants for sqlite, mysql and postgresql or just let
the configure script look for all three and fail with a message if it
finds nothing?

I also planned on adding a couple configure options like these three:
--enable-optimized		Build software optimized
--enable-zild				Reduce visbility of objects for linking with zild.
						Require gcc version 4.x
--enable-protected		Package protect non-api objects. Require gcc version
						4.x This option hide objects in the DSO which are
						not part of the api and not to be exported. The
						rationale is to optimize the ABI and protect
						non-public methods of the DSO and thereby reduce the
						potential for namespace conflicts for clients
						linking with the library. Recommend

//Brad