libzdb help!

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Feb 10 13:15:01 PST 2009

Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> Should I make variants for sqlite, mysql and postgresql or just let the
> configure script look for all three and fail with a message if it finds
> nothing?

Definitely not the latter. Installing a port with any given set of
variants (including none) should produce the same result for every user,
regardless of which ports they happened to have installed before
installing this one.

Either always depend on libs that could be detected and used, or always
disable their use. Optionally, add variants that add a dependency and
turn the feature back on.

- Josh