Mac Science Collaboration group

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 12 03:35:42 PDT 2009

On May 11, 2009, at 16:53, Darren Weber wrote:

> Not clear on the mechanics of meta-ports (maybe they contain tcl
> code with exec's to call port for installations of ports and all
> the variants required).

Ports should not exec port to install ports. Meta-ports just declare
dependencies on some set of ports without themselves installing (m)
any files (a port must however install at least 1 file or the
destroot explodes; meta-ports thus often install just a readme).

> The idea of a science milestone might work in trac (but maybe
> raises issues of conflicts about whether port tickets can tag
> multiple milestones).

I don't believe a ticket can have multiple milestones, and I don't
think we should have milestones specific to certain groups of ports.