portfile and install scripts

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Sat Sep 12 03:52:27 PDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 01:54:38AM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Ok, looks like a shell script with some variable substitution. MacPorts
> portfiles have (more verbosely-named) variables for the same kinds of
> things, but portfiles are Tcl scripts, not shell scripts.

Ryan,
   One question on that. If push came to shove and you absolutely needed
a shell script, wouldn't it be possible to just add patches to the package
the could create an shell script that could be executed 'sh build_script.sh'
from within the appropriate phase? Not that I would resort to that but it
seemed like a possible last resort option if necessary.
             Jack