Distfile mirroring exclusions

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Mon Dec 26 18:02:55 PST 2011

On Dec 26, 2011, at 2:53 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I would like to add some mirroring exclusions for some ports that aren't committed yet, whose distfiles we're not allowed to redistribute, but I don't quite understand how we're doing that.
>
> I see we have these two scripts:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/portmgr/jobs/mirror_macports.sh
>
> https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/base/portmgr/jobs/portfile_mirror.pl
>
> Both of the scripts define a list of ports to exclude, near the top. portfile_mirror.pl says to exclude molden:
>
> my $EXCLUSIONS = ('molden');
>
> mirror_macports.sh says to exclude molden and metis:
>
> EXCLUSIONS='^(molden|metis)$'
>
> The first thing I don't understand is whether both of these scripts are still being used (if so, which is used when?) or if only one of them is still being used (if so, which one?). If we still use both, it would be nice if we didn't have to maintain the exclusion list in two places. If only one is used, we should delete the old one or somehow indicate that it is deprecated.

Both scripts are used. The first runs periodically and the second runs after each commit. The exclusion lists are kept in sync manually on the server, but the scripts in the repo are just examples and not used to update the server copies. Right now, only molden is in the lists. If the servers should be excluding metis then someone needs to let me know.

-Bill