[75877] trunk/dports/databases

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Feb 11 14:35:12 PST 2011

On Feb 11, 2011, at 16:31, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

>>> +distname            GeoLiteCity.dat
>>
>> Since there is no version number in the distfile name, you should have set dist_subdir. See:
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes#unversioned-distfiles
>>
>> I would say don't do it now (no need to force another download of this same file right now), but remember it next time you update the version --
>>
>> -- except that I currently get a checksum mismatch, so you should fix that and the above at the same time.
>
> Ya, I don't know what to do. geolite.maxmind.com updates the download monthly and the path stays the same. I'm looking for an alternate download.

All you need to do is:

 * use dist_subdir
 * make sure livecheck works, and use livecheck periodically
 * monitor the issue tracker; users may find an update before you do and file a ticket about a checksum mismatch
 * update the port when a new distfile is available

This is how I handle curl-ca-bundle.

If you can find a distfile with the version number in it, that's best.