Devtools opensource release

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Mar 21 12:36:16 PDT 2011

On Mar 21, 2011, at 6:52 AM, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Ah, thought that was more a "fact" than a "problem" to be fixed.

It's possible for us to make (at least) the build experience better (and functional) for (some subset of) people who have random crap in /usr/local

We could do this without shipping our own compiler (we can tell Apple's gcc to not include any search paths and add back in the non /usr/local ones, we could probably improve/use trace mode to keep /usr/local from interfering ...)

It's just that if we _did_ end up wanting to ship our own, newer, compiler, then it would be an opportunity to address it there.

--
Daniel J. Luke