Tcl versions with threads enabled

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 7 13:21:16 PST 2012

On Feb 7, 2012, at 11:46, Gustaf Neumann wrote:

> Problems are:
> - blt (requires: port install blt configure.compiler=llvm-gcc-4.2)

Thanks for letting us know that llvm-gcc-4.2 was able to compile blt successfully. We had been waiting on that information in #32599 for some time. I've fixed it now.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/32599

>> Would the successful build of the dependent ports indicate compatibility or would the dependent ports require individual post install functionality testing?
> Honestly, no serious person can claim, that when it compiles, it runs as well. There is some hope, that some of these ports have tests enabled (e.g. xotcl).

Note that having "test.run yes" in the Portfile only means that a user can run e.g. "sudo port test xotcl" to run the tests. The tests don't run automatically as part of the usual build / destroot / install.