Fading zmq20

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Feb 15 08:59:55 PST 2012

On Feb 15, 2012, at 08:42, Arno Hautala wrote:

> Other options are having zmq2 and zmq3 with a zmq port that is used to
> set the default, as with perl currently. Or using "port select" to set
> this.

We shouldn't repeat the "perl5" antipattern any further. Perl should have been using "port select" all along; I don't know why it never did.

However, there is talk of offering only perl 5.14 and deleting the others, so changes to the perl selection mechanism should perhaps wait until a decision on that is reached.