XCode 4.3

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Sun Feb 19 18:40:14 PST 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 04:45:44PM -0500, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> It's somewhat debatable that 'fixing' this by having the modules build with configure.compiler is really the right thing here (there is a reason why upstream tries to make both perl and its modules build with the same compiler).

Yeah... I wasn't suggesting that we should do that. Certainly not
without a lot of careful thought and testing. As you say, there's a
valid reason for wanting modules to be built with the same compiler.

And on a purely pragmatic note, it was a simple matter of a reinplace
to strip archflags from perl's build settings and get perl modules to
use their own archflags. Getting them to use a different compiler
entirely seems a lot harder.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/