MacPorts Mountain Lion Futures

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Mon Jun 18 21:03:58 PDT 2012

On Jun 18, 2012, at 8:56 PM, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2012-6-19 13:30 , James Berry wrote:
>> I believe Josh has put in the work already to at least accomplish (a). Do we need to create an apple-recognized official signing key for (1) before we distribute that?
>
> That work was basically just support for building flat packages. The
> person building the release can now simply run productsign(1) on each
> .pkg. I've done that for the 2.1.x releases.
>
> I don't know if you can get a Developer ID registered to a team rather
> than an individual without buying a corporate ADC subscription.

Maybe we can get help from our friends at Apple to get a corporate-style Developer account set up for MacPorts. Since we're not an official organization and have no papers, etc, I have a feeling we'd have a hard-time getting through their qualification process otherwise, but an individual account doesn't seem to really fit the bill either.

(Jordan or Ernie: can either of you be of help with this?)

James