[109567] users/mojca/wxports

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Aug 19 13:08:34 PDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 3:09 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> +    # TODO: not sure how to prevent duplication of the following code
>> +    # TODO: if needed, an additional variable could be added to wxwidgets PortGroup for easier access to wxwin.m4
>> +    pre-configure {
>> +        system "mkdir ${worksrcpath}/m4"
>> +        system "cp ${wxWidgets.prefix}/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4 ${worksrcpath}/m4/"
>> +        system "cd ${worksrcpath} && ./bootstrap"
>> +    }
>> +}
>
> Please avoid using "system" for tasks that can be accomplished directly in Tcl. For example:
>
> file mkdir ${worksrcpath}/m4
> copy ${wxWidgets.prefix}/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4 ${worksrcpath}/m4/
> system -W ${worksrcpath} "./bootstrap"

Thanks a lot for the hint. I hope that I covered all cases in
    http://trac.macports.org/changeset/109749

If you have any other comments about these ports please let me know.

One specific thought about usbprog (and all other ports that need
bootstraping/autoconfiguring and dependencies on autoconf & automake
because of being fetched from source repositories): would it perhaps
make sense to supply the configure script inside "files"?

That is: port maintainer would generate the file once and then users
could simply use that file instead of having to use autoconf/automake
(possibly to new to process the files).

Mojca