wxWidgets

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Thu Aug 29 10:19:03 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 12:34 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Ad 1: I suggest reporting upstream, but feel free to commit the
change.

I have committed the patch into MacPorts, which fixes the issue. I'll
look into reporting it upstream too.

> Ad 2: Please try to uninstall or deactivate all *wx* and reinstall
wxPython. I suspect it's wrong linking (bug that you see only if wx
gets compiled while one in $prefix is active).

Done.  Linking might be correct, but compiling still fails, I think
because:

{{{

% ls -lAF
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/wxWidgets.framework/Versions/wxPython/2.9
/bin/

total 696

lrwxr-xr-x  1 root      wheel     213 Aug 29 12:55 wx-config@ ->
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_MacPorts_trunk_dports_graphics_wxWid
gets-3.0/wxPython-3.0/work/destroot/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/wxWidg
ets.framework/Versions/wxPython/2.9/lib/wx/config/osx_cocoa-unicode-2.9

lrwxr-xr-x  1 root      wheel       8 Aug 29 12:55 wxrc@ -> wxrc-2.9

-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 macports  admin  344092 Aug 29 12:55 wxrc-2.9*

}}}

wx-config's symlink is not correct.  I'm looking into this issue right
now. - MLD