Macports Tcl

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Jul 10 02:04:45 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 10:41:35AM +0200, Rainer Müller wrote:
> In the same way we currently have a local implementation of try based
> upon TIP #89, we could make it compatible with TIP #329/Tcl 8.6
> instead.

The sentence
  "It supercedes TIP #89 by providing support for the error options
  dictionary introduced in Tcl 8.5 by TIP #90."
in the abstract of TIP #329 makes me think this might not be possible
for Tcl 8.4. It might be possible to implement a try proc that is
compatible with TIP #329 on >= 8.5 and similar enough for our purposes
on 8.4, though.

> This could mean just importing the one from Tcllib (haven't checked
> its license) and make it work on Tcl 8.4.

It's BSD, so that certainly is an option.

--
Clemens Lang