[108122] trunk/dports/math/cadabra

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jul 15 00:24:44 PDT 2013

On Jul 15, 2013, at 01:42, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> On Jul 14, 2013, at 6:40 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> The gcc-4.2 compiler shipped in Xcode 3 is not suitable?
>
> I'm not sure. The developer seems to be having issues sorting out libstdc++ and seems to find apple-gcc-4.2 to be the only usable compiler. I have my doubts.
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/38938
> https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2013-July/023300.html

In that ticket it seems that 3 months ago you already made all the arguments I would make to you now. The messages the developer wrote, and the comments you added to the port, explain why clang and llvm-gcc-4.2 and FSF GCC cannot be used, but don't make any statement about why Apple GCC from Xcode could not be used. I believe the developer is confusing "gcc-4.2" with "gcc42".

I propose the port should continue to allow Xcode GCC, as it did before this change.

compiler.whitelist  gcc-4.2 gcc-4.0 apple-gcc-4.2

I can do some testing on earlier OS X in the coming days to see if it builds correctly with this.