buildbot failure in MacPorts on buildports-snowleopard-x86_64

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Jun 6 23:03:08 PDT 2013

It's possible (if hopefully unlikely) there are subtle semantic
differences that they rely on. Safest would be to use -std=gnu89
instead, which gcc-4.2 does accept, and in later gcc versions specifies
the same behaviour as gnu90. (The reason for the synonym is that ISO C90
is identical to ANSI C89.)

The flag of course only changes anything when using clang, as it
defaults to c99 but (llvm-)gcc-4.2 already uses gnu89 by default.