user manuals

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Tue Mar 5 14:00:25 PST 2013

On Mar 5, 2013, at 10:47 PM, Ian Wadham wrote:
> On 06/03/2013, at 1:14 AM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> * doc building used meinproc4, which routinely crashed and prevented installation (might still be a problem)
>
> Ah, I understand. Well, I think meinproc4 is OK now. Last year I did extensive updates
> to some index.docbook files in KDE Games, for the KDE 4.9 and 4.10 releases, and
> was able to build and test-proofread them quite easily on a Macbook KDE-dev setup.
>
> meinproc4 is very fast (~ 1 second), so I would suggest the following:

Ian, actually meinproc4 still *IS* a problem. The buildbots run into it some times, users do too as e.g. issue https://trac.macports.org/ticket/37620 shows.

I wished I knew how to avoid any calls to meinproc4 during the build procedure. I think I did everything possible in kmymoney4(-devel)'s ports to avoid building any bit of documentation, but for some reason meinproc4 gets still called. There was no response concerning this on KDE-DEVEL mailing list, unfortunately.
So, I am clueless as to what else I might try to avoid this endless problem. Debugging is also not really possible, since the crash occurs only spuriously!!! :-(

Greets,
Marko