[113549] trunk/www/install.php

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 19 18:05:51 PST 2013

On Nov 19, 2013, at 19:58, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 20:37:07 -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>> Really? Twice on the license?
>>
>> Yes, as we already documented previously, right? This is not new for Mavericks.
>
> I can't find any documentation for this: I had just added running once to the install page and it is not in the Guide.
>
> If it's elsewhere it is in the wrong place.

For example here:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#xcode-eula

>>> Twice on the install (xcode-select --install will take you to the store download then you have to run it again after install… so twice)?
>>
>> I haven’t experienced being taken to the store. Does that happen if you don’t already have Xcode installed?
>>
>> I had Xcode installed. Then I ran xcode-select --install, which prompted me to install the command line tools.
>
> Here's the xcode-select --install dialog with Xcode not installed:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/gc77sphafng9yr4/Screen%20Shot%202013-11-19%20at%2020.54.53.png
>
> Clicking the Xcode button launches the store directly to the Xcode page.

Ok. When I ran it I already had Xcode installed. So I guess it didn’t show the Xcode button that case, leaving only the Install button, which installs the command line tools.

Fact remains, I think our documentation was perfectly clear before: install Xcode, then install the command line tools by running `xcode-select --install`.