Remove p5.8 and p5.10

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Aug 18 14:17:15 PDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 11:16 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Again, I don't think that worrying about how users would get rid of
> perl 5.8 is really our concern at the moment. But it would be nice to
> have this in place when trying to get rid of 5.12 and 5.16.

... And then again if implementing this is non-trivial (which it
probably is), I'm all for removing perl 5.8 and 5.10 now without any
fallbacks and auto-upgrades. It will only help us reduce the load on
the buildbots and avoid the need to fix problems related to perl 5.8.
Spending any valuable time on fixing problems related to perl 5.8 is
pointless in my opinion.

Mojca