clang-3.6 build failure

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Sun Dec 21 12:17:44 PST 2014

On Dec 21, 2014, at 3:40 AM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying
>
> #> sudo port -v destroot clang-3.6 -assertions-arm_runtime
>
> I get a failure on libcompiler_rt.a not being found. Thoughts?

The build is using `/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make`,
which suggests that you have the Command Line Tools directory selected
as your active developer directory.

Firstly, we don't support this configuration in general.

Secondly, the most recent compiler-rt requires an OS X SDK on Darwin,
which the CTL package does not provide. You'll have to switch your
active developer directory to `/Applications/Xcode.app` or wherever you
put your Xcode.

We should start requiring Xcode for clang-3.6, or maybe cutting out
compiler-rt if the OS X SDK is absent. And the build should not be
trying to install a library that it didn't build, but that's an upstream
issue.

vq