[129844] trunk/dports/multimedia/audacious-plugins/Portfile

Mihai Moldovan ionic at macports.org
Mon Dec 22 09:35:08 PST 2014

On 22.12.2014 06:18 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
> If I see a port foo at 1.2.3+bar, I should not have to wonder whether there is
> also a foo at 1.2.3, or whether the no-variant version is foo at 1.2.5 or
> whatever.

My case here is very much more simple.

Revbumping the whole audacious-plugins port would lead to useless rebuilds for
those not having the ffmpeg variant enabled. Even though one could state that
+ffmpeg is the default if +sdl2 wasn't selected (which it is not, by default)
and a "global" revbump would *maybe* have little overhead (i.e., affects only a
small number of -ffmpeg installations.)

Still, the point is that this is technically speaking not changing semantics
(like changing the version as a whole), but only making sure the plugins still
compile and link against the new in-tree ffmpeg version and ONLY when actually
using that feature.