Question regarding qt5-mac

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Mon Jul 7 06:27:03 PDT 2014

I am afraid I know very little about either KDE or the Continuous Integration System.
As for Qt5, freetype, glib2, icu, pcre, libiconv, were added as dependencies because Qt5 supports them.

Support for freetype, glib, icu, and iconv can be disabled (-no-freetype, -no-glib, -no-icu, and -no-iconv respectively to the configure script).
Support for pcre can not be disabled.
The best you can do is have Qt us its own bundled version (-qt-pcre to the configure script).

Because these features are recommended by the configure script, they are included in qt5-mac.
All of these ports should be installed automatically	if you install qt5-mac.
Disabling support for them would require modification of the qt5-mac Portfile.

If you “do not enable freetype” by uninstalling freetype by force, you could run into all sorts of problems because Qt assumes it is installed.
If you “do not enable freetype” by not installing it, then qt5-mac should install it automatically for you.
If you “do not enable freetype” by modifying the Portfile to disable support, I am afraid I do not know what will happen.
I have never tested it.
Presumably, Qt supports the possibility since there is a way to do it (the aforementioned -no-freetype configure script option).

Please forgive me if I am not answering your question.
I am a little unclear as to what the exact nature of the problem.

-Marcus