Why oxygen-icons port requires qt4-mac & phonon?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Wed Jun 4 11:32:50 PDT 2014

Hi Nicolas & Michael,

ah, I see, the kde port group… That explains it.

On 04 Jun 2014, at 14:20 , Nicolas Pavillon <nicos at macports.org> wrote:
> If I remember correctly, oxygen-icons was also using some dependencies during configurations,
> but I am not fully sure, and it appears that it is not the case presently.

Hmm... ok…

> One thing is that since oxygen-icons is used in practice by ports such as kde4-baseapps,
> these dependencies are pulled out anyway, and I wonder if some configurations within the
> kde4 portgroup are not necessary to install things correctly. The fact of removing kde4
> may be more trouble than it is worth.

I see your point there!
I wanted to abuse it for the KDE/CI system which I am trying to set up using MacPorts.
(There I need just the icons without qt4-mac or anything else.)
It would have been nice if the icons wouldn’t need any dependencies, as Harald
Fernengel managed to use them as well on Homebrew without extra deps.

But I won’t object if you are reluctant to change anything there.

Greets,
Marko