[134799] trunk/dports/databases/postgis2/Portfile

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Wed Apr 8 00:31:25 PDT 2015

Ryan,

> in r129787; and in p5-dbd-pg in r130008. postgis2, py-psycopg2 and qgis remain on postgresql93.
>
>> Besides, it lets a bit of time for the apps to accommodate the new version.
>
> I don't recall any compatibility problems ever arising. Do you?

PostGIS is an extension to PostGreSQL and as such installs functions and code directly within the PostgreSQL framework rather than being an API to dialogue with the database. As such, it is somehow dependent on PostgreSQL guts. I clearly remember more than once reading in the PostGIS changelog: ‘First version to be compatible with PostgreSQL 9.x’, and it was not a major bump, like from 8.x to 9.0. That’s why I adopted a rather conservative approach.

But I’m going to upgrade at the next PostgreSQL 9.4.x sub-release.

Vincent