[KDE/Mac] Getting started on Mac OS X

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 09:52:11 PST 2015

On Tuesday January 06 2015 11:48:46 Michael Dickens wrote:

> There just isn't enough time in the day! Some day, I won't be so crazy
> busy! Some day, I really will address the Qt4 tickets. I really do like
> the idea of having Qt4 and Qt5 available at the same time & I know that
> Qt4 needs some attention (as does Qt5, but I haven't even found time for

Do you use port:qt4-mac yourself? If so, it won't necessarily take a lot of time to install it in concurrent mode, esp. if you've kept your work/build tree around. Given the lack of feedback, I was actually planning to make +concurrent the default (= remove the variant), and add a +exclusive variant corresponding to the current default behaviour. That might make testing even easier...

> the Qt4 stuff yet). Both ports are listed as 'openmaintainer' if anybody
> else -really- wants to go there :) - MLD

Hmm, yeah, I can understand why few people feel like taking up an official maintainer status for that kind of port ...

R.