pypi

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Jun 22 13:59:01 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 10:49 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 10:05 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
>> Please consider using the new "pypi" fetch group and livecheck type. For
>> example:
>>
>> http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/python/py-vcversioner/Portfile?rev=137886
>
> This should also be fixed in pypi2port then. I generated the port with
> that script.

Also: wouldn't it be nice to have some pypi portgroup that would
automatically set:
- livecheck
- distname
- homepage
- master_sites
and possibly other things.

The following expression:
    master_sites        pypi:[string index ${python.rootname}
0]/${python.rootname}
while being very generic, looks very ugly and is not very
"human-readable"/friendly. It would so much better fit into the
portgroup.

Also, that particular port is now called
    name py-GeomagPy
I would prefer to have a port "py-geomagpy" with some settings like
    pypi.setup GeomagPy 0.1.328
that would automatically set the proper homepage, distname etc.
without having to use the CamelCase name for the package (which is
currently being used for no good reason other that the ease of
fetching files).

Mojca