pypi

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Mon Jun 22 14:12:54 PDT 2015

On Jun 22, 2015, at 4:59 PM, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

> Also: wouldn't it be nice to have some pypi portgroup that would
> automatically set:
> - livecheck
> - distname
> - homepage
> - master_sites
> and possibly other things.
>
> The following expression:
>    master_sites        pypi:[string index ${python.rootname}
> 0]/${python.rootname}
> while being very generic, looks very ugly and is not very
> "human-readable"/friendly. It would so much better fit into the
> portgroup.

I want to add these defaults to python-1.0 but haven't worked out the interaction with other portgroups.

I don't think it would make much sense to have a separate pypi-1.0 portgroup. So many Python ports fetch from PyPI, and _only_ Python ports fetch from PyPI. We'd end up with quite a bit of

	PortGroup python 1.0
	PortGroup pypi 1.0

which seems like needless repetition.

> Also, that particular port is now called
>    name py-GeomagPy
> I would prefer to have a port "py-geomagpy" with some settings like
>    pypi.setup GeomagPy 0.1.328
> that would automatically set the proper homepage, distname etc.
> without having to use the CamelCase name for the package (which is
> currently being used for no good reason other that the ease of
> fetching files).

I really don't like setup procs. I do not think we should not create any more of them.

Once I add some extra defaults to python-1.0, you should be able to use python.rootname for this.

vq