libgcrypt-config with +universal

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 7 05:43:32 PDT 2015

On May 7, 2015, at 7:31 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> I just noticed the following:
>
> {{{
> configure: WARNING:
> ***
> *** The config script /opt/local/bin/libgcrypt-config was
> *** built for i386-apple-darwin13 and thus may not match the
> *** used host x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0.
> *** You may want to use the configure option --with-libgcrypt-prefix
> *** to specify a matching config script.
> ***
> }}}

Where did you notice this? This message is not printed by libgcrypt-config; it must've been printed by whatever used libgcrypt-config.

> which must be the case because I have port:libgcrypt installed +universal .
>
> Are there (side-)effects of that incorrect info for "my_host",

I don't know if there are any consequences. I would guess not. I've heard the "--host" is largely irrelevant on OS X and any programs that look at that parameter are weird so I haven't paid much attention to it.

> and wouldn't it be more appropriate to set this variable to the hosts default bit width?

We could perhaps, laboriously, patch libgcrypt-config to do that. But it would be nice to first know whether this would be of any benefit to anything.