Volunteer to upgrade GhostScript

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed May 13 07:59:37 PDT 2015

Hi,

Is there any volunteer to upgrade GhostScript?

I'm unable to upgrade some of my packages that are incompatible with < 9.15.

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 2:30 PM, John Bowman wrote:

> Unfortunately the ghostscript authors made the mistake of introducing a new
> eps2write driver, with less functionality, and then quickly deprecating the
> old epswrite driver one. This means that there is no way to be compatible
> with both old and new ghostscript versions so everyone is forced to upgrade
> their ghostscript.

I started working on an update, but It's too complex to do it fast and
I'm catching other deadlines.

Among others I was stuck with mappingresources4pdf_2unicode which are
now being unversioned zip files on github
   https://github.com/adobe-type-tools/mapping-resources-pdf
(and please don't ask me why the weird packaging)

I'm not sure if it is possible to store
    /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/ghostscript/ghostscript-9.16.tar.gz
    /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/ghostscript/<tag>/mappingresources4pdf_2unicode.zip
    /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/ghostscript/<tag>/mappingresources4pdf_other.zip
somehow or use some other trick.

Thank you,
    Mojca