Claiming your user repository

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Tue Nov 1 14:16:44 PDT 2016

Hello,

As a reminder:

> On Oct 31, 2016, at 11:00 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>
> If you had a personal directory in the users directory of the
> Subversion repository, that has now been converted to a separate git
> repository in https://github.com/macports with a name starting with
> "macports-user-".
>
> We suggest that you move your user repository to your own GitHub
> account where you can continue to use it as you see fit. Instructions
> for how to move it are forthcoming.

To take ownership of your user repository, just fork it to your personal
GitHub account. We will then delete the original, making yours the
canonical repository.

(If you don't see your repository on the organization page, enter your
MacPorts handle in the search box immediately above the repository list.
Or just go to "https://github.com/macports/macports-user-[YOUR HANDLE]".)

> You should not use the Fork button to do so.

Disregard this warning; we were mistaken about the way GitHub would
handle deletion of the original repository.

Thanks,
vq